Monday, December 30, 2019

Finishing What Was Begun

Recognizing that my blogging has been spotty, at best, for the past couple years I am writing this post mostly for my own purposes. My intention is to pick back up with blogging when my day job becomes a bit less demanding, or I retire. Whichever happens first :o) All that being said, I didn't want to close out the year without documenting that the wedding quilt I was making for my son G, and his bride, C did in fact get completed and gifted.

Untitled
All Points North Wedding Quilt
When fabrics were chosen and purchased, and I thought I knew where the design was headed. Along the way things changed up a bit. My initial plan had been to use my Boxed Star quilt block. However, after making up a test block I soon realized that Boxed Star was not going to be the best choice for these fabrics. So, I changed over to my All Points North block and never looked back.

This quilt ended up measuring out at 80" square. Much too large for me to consider quilting on my small domestic machine. So I worked with a local long arm quilter to pick out an all-over pattern that seemed a best fit. I wanted the blocks to remain the focal point, and the quilting to be present, but not too dense. This picture might give the best perspective on the size of the quilt:

All Points North quilt top
Quilt top before being sent to for long arm quilting
It was so special to be able to make this quilt for this sweet couple, and I hope it will be cherished throughout their lives. Here's a peak at them opening it up. I never did get a picture of them with it all spread out.

Untitled
The quilt back is a soft flannel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.