Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A New Project - A New Tool

There is just something about starting a new project...the thrill of the unknown...a fresh start down a path not yet traveled. For several months I've been looking for the opportunity to get started with an idea...

First came choosing just the right fabrics:

My creation

Initially I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use the Hope Valley fabric I've been holding on to. But, then decided the blue was too grayish and the gray was to black. Next, I auditioned random fat quarters from my stash, but this time the blue was too dark, the yellow too light, and the gray was still too strong. I finally moved on to Color Weave fabrics by P & B Textiles. I love this fabric! It is so soft and the depth of color so rich. (I ended up going with the more intense orange.)

Very uncharacteristically I cut all of my fabric in advance. Most of the time I'm a "cut as I go" type of girl. 

IMG_2558
These  pretty little piles of fabric make me so happy :o)

This quilt involves using half square triangles so I thought I'd try out a new tool and ordered the The Angler 2, A Quilter's Tool for Angles.

My creation

I'm hoping since I don't have to mark the diagonal on the squares it will make the process go faster. I watched "This" video on YouTube to learn how to use The Angler 2. I'll let you know how it goes.


I'd love to hear if you've tried The Angler...and if so, what do you think of it?


4 comments:

  1. I love the angler!! Such a time saver. I hate marking any more than minimally necessary. I guess I'm lazy that way. :) And I absolutely LOVE your final fabric choices. Delicious colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a great time. I am looking forward to hearing how you feel about the Angler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Angler and love it! There is also a static cling version from New Leaf (I think) but it curls up and tears easily--stick with the Angler. I use blue painters tape to hold it in place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it (somewhere) and have tried it, but am not currently using it. hmmm. I wonder what that means...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.