Monday, February 24, 2014

First Meetings...are a blast!

You may recall back in January I shared how one of my local sewing friends and I were laying plans to start up a local modern quilt guild. Well, we held our first meeting last week and it was a total blast! Who knew meeting up with other like-minded modern quilters would evoke so-much-laughter!

Discussions ran the gamut of whether it really matters if points get cut off and seams don't exactly match up  {in other words...how OCD are you} to whether or not steam should be used when ironing. We had lively pantomime demonstrations for emphasis! 


My creation

There were eight ladies in attendance with a wide range of experience levels and quilt preferences. It should prove to be a group rich with diversity :o) We all agreed our Number 1 reason for seeking out a group is sharing our quilts with others who appreciate the time and effort put into the work even if personal tastes differ.

We had a time for Show & Tell and saw a wide range of beautiful quilts! To my fellow Faith Circle members...should you be asking yourself, "Why does Debbie still have the Row Quilt?" I kept it just long enough to show it to the new quilt group and it went out in the mail right after that :o)
My creation


It really was a great evening and I can say we are all looking forward to meeting again in March where we will be learning various techniques for flying geese blocks...I can hardly wait!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your newly formed guild, I think there were six of us sitting around at our first MQG meeting. I love the mini-super nova in the center and the sampler layout on the lower right is wonderful too. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting your own guild! It IS really great to spend time with like-minded quilters! :) And it's also really great to see your smiling face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Glad it got off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to find (or even set up) a real life group. I think it is a bonus on top of the great online community. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your adorable quilts and thank you for sharing this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, I am glad you found a group of like-minded quilters. Online connections are great, but real life people are the best. Good luck to your group! Looks like a talented bunch of ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real life meetings with like minded quilters is the best there is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.