Monday, January 27, 2014

January Finish - A Lovely Year of Finishes

I'm happy to report that I have a finish for the month of January! My goal for the January 2014 Goal Party (link No. 79) was to complete the Row Quilt for the Faith Circle of do. Good Stitches. I am linking this post to the January Finish Party ;o)


Faith Circle Row Quilt

I asked each of the Faith Circle ladies to make a row using the block of their choice. Rows could be as basic or intricate as they desired and should be 4, 6, or 8" in height by 48" long. To add a bit of visual interest I set two rows perpendicular to the others. The quilting is an all-over meander except for the area around "hope."


Hope Row

A special part of our quilt is the "hope" row. I wanted it to be quilted just a bit different so I used yellow perle No. 8 cotton to hand quilt around each of the letters.


Quilt Back~Faith Circle Row Quilt

I'm happy with how the plaid looks on the quilt back...and thrilled to have used up several pieces of fabric that have lived in my stash for a couple of years now :o)

Striped binding

I am especially happy to have used this striped fabric for the quilt binding! I am often challenged for how to put large prints and stripes to use...especially one as bold as this. It really made for a nice binding and I think turned out to be a great use for this fabric.


Folded quilt

This quilt will soon be on it's way to Restore Innocence in Colorado. This wonderful non-profit group works to rebuild the lives of those rescued from human trafficking. 

12 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT´s so beautiful and so lovely to donate this quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie / A Quilters Table just posted your quilt on facebook and that´s the way I came to your blog! Your Quilt ist beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great quilt, congratulations on you work with Restore Innocence.
    Kathleen Mary
    http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/
    cozykoza32a@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks wonderful, congratulations! I love the back and binding too, and the bit of handquilting; they're special details!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful. Just love how it has turned out. - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful quilt Debbie and such a great idea to ask the bee members for a row in stead of some blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful quilt! And it was a nice change to make a row instead of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful quilt Debbie and I too like the idea of a row instead of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, what a beautiful finish to this quilt! It's especially nice that so many hands worked to make these rows, and for such a worthy cause. I love striped bindings, and your fabric was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great! I like the perpendicular rows. They make it even more interesting. And you can never go wrong with striped binding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful! I am so happy I have found your blog. I am now a follower. Looking forward to seeing more of your quilty goodness ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.