Thursday, January 23, 2014

Rice Bag Snuggles

Don't you just love a soft, snugly-warm rice bag wrapped around tired shoulders at the end of a long day :o) We use rice bags a lot here at my house.


Rice Bag Covers

Over the Christmas holidays my dear friend made two nicely-sized rice bags for her family using a good sturdy fabric. As she was showing me her supplies I told her that I could make covers for them if she'd be interested. I just love fun projects that allow for small bits of creative expression.


Rice Bag Covers

My friend picked out this wonderful red plaid (goodness I love plaid!) flannel to use for the covers. I prewashed the flannel just in case of shrinkage and looked through my fabric stash for some fun accent fabrics to add in.


Rice Bag Covers

My choices include: Sew by Sweetwater, Rain in cherry by Timeless Treasures, and Dark Blue Color Weave by P&B Textiles. I wanted to add just a bit of fun to each bag. 


Rice Bag Covers

I decided on a simple line of pinwheels in blue, and a zigzag in red. I probably shouldn't have a favorite so I'll keep it to myself which one I like best :o)


Rice Bag Covers

On the back I did a simple envelope closure. To guard against fraying I zigzag stitched all of the seam allowances. I'm so please with how these rice bag covers turned out! Final measurements for the covers are 8" x 22". I hope they will bring cozy comfort for a long time. 

3 comments:

  1. They are both lovely. A great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really lovely - love the fabric, perfect to feel comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE our rice bags. They are so warm and snuggly. You put such love and detail into everything that you do! Thank you for making them extra special for us:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.