Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Quilts in the Queue

From time to time it helps me focus if I list and write about the projects I need to make...and finish :o) I don't know about you, but I can get quite distracted by all the pretty quilts on Pinterest, Instagram, flickr, and just online. Next thing I know I'm buying fabric and starting a new project on a whim, and the things I need to get accomplished are pushed off. While it is exciting to start new things, and spontaneity is fun, I feel much better when I stick to a plan. So here goes...

First up is a pillow for a baby shower. This sweet silhouette is call the Not So Spring Deer and is a paper-pieced pattern from Julianna of Sewing Under Rainbows. A woodland theme with a color scheme of gray, white, and a touch of blue was the objective for this little quilt. I just finished the pillow top and have a plan for hand quilting on this. I'd like to find a soft flannel to use for the pillow back.

Not So Spring Deer - a paper pieced pattern
Not So Spring Deer

Right after that baby shower a fourth sweet one is on the way in my nephew's family! I have free reign to pick a design and colors for this baby quilt. Last year a friend of mine gave me some vintage quilt books she bought at an auction. One of them, Quick & Easy Quiltmaking, published by That Patchwork Place, has a fun quilt named, The Fleet Is In which features tall ships. This is another pattern that I knew I'd love to make, so the occasion of a new baby is perfect! I think these bright fabrics will bring it right up to speed with a more modern look.

The Fleet Is In - a tall ships pattern
The Fleet Is In by Nancy Martin

Finally, October was my month to choose the quilt design and destination for the Faith Circle of do. Good Stitches. We are making a Quilt of Valor for a very special young soldier. I'll be writing more about that later, but for now I thought I'd show the pretty blocks the members of Faith Circle sent me.

Triangle Blocks made by the Faith Circle
Quilt of Valor blocks

I asked for half-square triangles and solid blocks measuring 8-1/2" square using Americana colors. My goal is to make a quilt that looks similar to this beautiful design by Ara Jane, and made by the Love Circle of do. Good Stitches.

Okay friends - this is my accountability post :o) We'll see how well I do staying on task! How about you? What are you working on that needs to get finished?

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!! I'm working on quilting my bacon quilt, have another top ready to go, have blocks to make into a top AND am collecting blocks for the next Faith Circle quilt - no question what I need to work on, ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.