Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's been a coral and blue weekend

I had two projects to work on this weekend and funny enough they both used the same color families: coral and blue. 

First came my September do. Good Stitches blocks. We were asked to make Patchwork Chevron Blocks using  this Moda Bakeshop tutorial from Jeni Baker of In Color Order.

IMG_2741

These blocks are each 12" square so this will be a huge, fun chevron quilt top :o) I'm really liking the coral, navy, and gray color combination Kim wanted us to use. 

Next up is a shop sample (my first!) for my local quilt shop, The Scrappy Apple. My friend, Kelley, asked me if I could make the sample top using Galaxy, a Villa Rosa Designs pattern.


IMG_2740

Gallaxy is super fast to make up using one charm pack and yardage. The fabric line in this quilt is Figures by Brigitte Heitland for ZEN CHIC for Moda. This fabric line has some great prints in it! 

If you've never seen Rosecards (pattern cards) by Pat Fryer for Villa Rosa Designs they are definitely worth looking for. Rosecards are the size of a standard postcard and feature quick, easy patterns for quilts and other projects that often use precuts. 

IMG_2742

It was a super productive weekend in the sewing room! I'd love to hear what you worked on this weekend :o)

5 comments:

  1. These are great! I love the combination of coral and blue. I made a shop sample using one of the Villa Rosa cards, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this colour combination. They are both cute and simple designs, and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your projects. Great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both these designs! The blue/coral/grey combo is beautiful, and the Scrappy Apple is also a very sweet pattern. I'm working on minis in Civil War repros, trying to finish some UFOs so I can finally display them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your block and love the Galaxy! You always are productive!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.