Friday, June 6, 2014

A Bit of Paper Piecing for June ALYoF

Well, as is evidenced by now the month of May got the better of me and I did not have a "finish" for my May Lovely Year of Finishes goal. Sometimes reality steps in and it calls for an honest assessment of what really can be accomplished. While I enjoy doing machine applique completing four borders is going to be a long-term undertaking. 

So, that brought me to the current month...June. Should I just continue on with the same goal and try to bring the borders to completion? Looking at the calendar and all that it contains I'm seeing a lot of time away from my sewing machine in June so I'm thinking a hand sewing project is more appropriate for June. Not wanting to begin anything new (well, I really do want to begin something new, but I'm not going to!) I came across my English Paper pieced Lone Star.

June ALYoF Goal

This star is waiting for the setting squares and triangles to be added so it is a complete block. It just so happens I even have the paper templates all cut out and ready to use. The background fabric for this patriotic Lone Star is going to be Etchings by 3 Sisters.

June ALYoF Goal

I've been holding on to this lovely Etchings fabric just waiting for just the right project to put it to use. It will be perfect with the Lone Star!

I'm linking up with the June Goals Party over at Sew Bittersweet Designs & Fiber of All Sorts. My Lone Star is entry No. 91. You should pop on over there and check out some of the other great projects going on this month!


Meanwhile, happy stitching!


4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! The background fabric is lovely, too. Is this going to be a single lone star wall hanging or will there be several stars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely fabric for the background. I look forward to seeing how you finish this. Enjoy putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goal this month! It look great. Smart thinking to pick something to match your schedule.
    I'm back in the alyof game this month too, #100.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really IS lovely fabric, and I agree it's perfect for the Lone Star! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.