Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March Finish - A Lovely Year of Finishes

Well March certainly breezed right on by! I'm happy to say that as quickly as it went by I was still able to complete my March goal for ALYoF. My mini was No. 104 in the link-up party :o)


Nested Bear Paws
Nested Bear Paws ~ Wool Felt Wall Hanging
I just love how this turned out...the colors, the rich texture, the warm vibe it gives off. As I mentioned in my March goal post this is a special little wall hanging: About three years ago we fulfilled one of my husband's life dreams and purchased land on the side of a mountain...Bear Garden Mountain. This Nested Bear Paws wall hanging is intended to hang in the home we build there. 


Nested Bear Paws


The back is a simple leaf print to match the natural, earthy feel of the front. The binding is one of my favorite homespuns..a red plaid. I machine attached it to the front and hand sewed the back. 


Nested Bear Paws

All in all this is one I am so happy to say is now finished! I love how my participation in A Lovely Year of Finishes is helping me to focus in on completing some of the special projects I've started, but never put the time into finishing. 

I am linking up to the March Finishes Party Mine is Entry No. 17!

Happy end of March to you :o)

7 comments:

  1. How lovely you future home will be ... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty. I love that you're really doing your finishes! I've done 1 - but life has been very demanding and without the quilt police coming over, I doubt I'll get March done. Happy dancing for you! -Letty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish. Thanks for linking up. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun quilt. It will be perfect for its future home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect wall hanging for the house on Bear Garden Mountain. Where will it hang in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the feel of this beautiful quilt. Perfect for a mountain home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.