Monday, July 15, 2013

To Begin a Blog...

How does one begin a blog...exactly? Putting writing out there for people to read. Already knowing that correct punctuation and sentence structure have never been a strong area. Maybe that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things...maybe blog readers are gracious, kind people who know the risks writers take when sharing thoughts and ideas.

Since I often wonder how blog names are selected I'll share my reasoning. Most of my life I've lived in the shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Old, strong, beautiful mountains that have witnessed much in the passing of time. They bring a calming peace to the landscape. In my younger years I lived just east of these mountains, now I live just west of them. In the endless possibilities of life I find mountains to be a visual reminder to limit the focus. 

We are fortunate to own a little part of a mountains range in the Appalachians. This range runs parallel to the Blue Ridge. Our land has three old roads running across it and also three runs of stone. The one in this photo is truly a wall. It makes me wonder who built it and when?

Our little piece of the the Appalachians - just west of the Blue Ridge

Someday we plan to live here, and I plan to quilt here...someday.



9 comments:

  1. Oh yay. So happy to see you here and I look forward to seeing more of those Blue Ridge Mountains, as well as your beautiful quilts. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you starting a blog!! Your comments on my blog & photos are always so thoughtful. I can't wait to see what you have to say here in your own little space on the web. I'm sure it will all be as lovely as your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog universe, Debbie! Beautiful photo. So you are thinking of building a house on this property one day? Would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful, Debbie, and it's a wonderful premier post. I don't think blog readers are generally critical about punctuation or structure...they read because you have something interesting to say. Good luck and congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging from a new blogger to another! I blog in my second language, so like you, I hope blog readers do not care too much about structure and punctuation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great you can blog! I'm totally not that brave..hah.ah.a.a
    I like the inspiration for your blog name, totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the blogging world, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, so pleased you are blogging. Pfft for perfect grammar and punctuation, it's your blog you can do as you please, and I'll be very happy to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you've been blogging for a couple of months now - how's it going!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.