Monday, July 29, 2013

Hooray for fun mail!

Don't you just love getting something in the mail besides bills and junk? Today I received this beautifully wrapped package of fabric from the Sew Lux Fabric & Gifts shop.

Sew Lux ~ Beautifully Packeged!

I've ordered fabric from Sew Lux before and am so impressed with the lovely way they wrap their packages. I'd say they go the extra mile to make you feel like the beautiful fabrics you ordered are really special! Wouldn't you?

Fun fabric purchase :o)

Here are the lovely fabrics that were wrapped up in that pretty paper! A Day in the Life {Sky colorway}, the paint by number deer print from Erin Michael's Lush Uptown line is one of my *all time favorites* I just may have even more of this fabric coming in additional colorways... It will be added to the fabric I have stashed away from the first time the Lush line was released. {What can I say? I married into a hunting family.} The three beautiful gray fabrics (Leaf & Dot, Posie, and Bouquet) from Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy line are destined to become this new bag:Straight Stitch Bag

I've gotten into the habit of making the bags I carry. See here and here and even here. It's really a fun way to strike up a conversation with people and introduce them to modern sewing. I am drawn to this change-your-mind SLIPCOVER BAG because the outside "skin" is removable. I plan on trying to make it reversible, too. This allows the look of the bag to be easily changed up. I'll be working on this bag in September when imaginegnats is sponsoring the Selfish Sewing Week...have you heard of it? The idea is that after all of the preparations necessary to get kids back to school it just may be time to sew something fun {or necessary} for yourself :o) Go check out the flickr group and sign up! I just may not be able to wait for September 23 to get started :o) 

How about you? Do you have a project that has been just waiting for the right reason to pull it off the shelf and get started? I'd love to hear about it in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I love receiving pretty fabric packaged in pretty paper... The bag is going to be lovely. I really like the second one you had on flicker. Love the DS Bouquet print. I have it and am afraid to cut it...
    So what about my project waiting for the right reason to get started? Your post made me realized that I don't have one. I have, ahem, shall we say a "few" already started, and lots more in my mind, but I need to prioritize and decide what I am going to start next. Preferably after I finish at least ONE of my WIP. And preferably before September 23. And preferably one that is all about me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I singned in too, but am not sure yet, what to do. I think it will be a bag or starting some clothes - we will see ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always seem to want to start a new project when there is no time and too many obligations at the forefront. :) Typical! You have some fun sewing ahead of you! I need to make a couple of giant bags for hauling quilts in progress... ie: binding, or other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love making bags-quick, fun and useful! this one looks too complicated for me though...can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be interested in watching the bag progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting mail from SewLux - it is so nice to open a present to you from you isn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.