Saturday, April 16, 2016

Surprises along the way

Every once in awhile isn't it fun how something totally unexpected happens? Just a fun little surprise out of the blue. Back on March 2nd I received an email from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks that one of my block submissions had been accepted for publication in the upcoming Volume 13 issue.

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Vol. 13

This email caught me off guard because I actually just mailed off a block for consideration in Vol. 14, but I had missed the earlier Vol. 13 submission window. I thought, "Wow! How fun that they accepted my block and moved it up to an earlier issue." This news caused me to very quickly design and send in yet another block that would hopefully be included in Vol. 14 which comes out in the fall.

Yesterday I came home from school (teacher, not student) and found the package of magazine issues Quiltmaker's generously sends to each block designer. I quickly started paging through the issue looking for my block. Boy-oh-boy was I surprised when I found it! I can't wait to share with you what I discovered! You'll have to join me on Monday, May 2 (kick-off day for the blog hop!) to find out :o)


5 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! This is such happy news. I'm thoroughly impressed that you can think up new block designs. And here I always think there's nothing new under the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? You leave us hanging?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! So happy for you, looking forward to seeing your newly published block :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Debbie! What a wonderful surprise. Can't wait to see your block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, Too, Received My Advance Copy Of the Magazine And Was So Pleased To See Your Wonderful Block!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.