Saturday, November 1, 2014

Ten, 10, X

Ten...that's how many issues of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks are now in print. That means 1,000 quilt blocks have been designed, submitted and published. Wow!! Now that's impressive :o) Even cause for a celebration!!

QMMS-140050-cover_200
Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 10

Admittedly, I am late to join in on the 100 Blocks fun with Dashing Geese in Volume 9 being my first submission and acceptance. To have a block included in the milestone tenth issue is, to me, quite an honor. 

Something I appreciate about this publication is the opportunity it provides for anyone to experiment with designing. For quite a while I would mull over how I could follow patterns created by others and come out with a beautiful product, but wonder if I had any capacity to design. I so appreciate the vision that designers have...looking at things in ways not previously thought of. How fun to know, that even on a small scale, I can design an original quilt block.

I hope you'll join in November 17 - 21 for the blog hop tour! Stop by my blog on Wednesday, November 19 for details on my block and fun give-aways :o)

p.s. My block made the front cover of the magazine!! Wow, how fun it was to discover that...I may have squealed and danced around a bit :o) Can you guess which one it is? I won't tell until the blog hop...hope to see you then!



3 comments:

  1. That is great, Debbie! Did you already mention this block in a previous post? I did not go back and look, but I am putting my money on the blue double star and checkerboards on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Debbie, and well done! I can't find an enlarged photo of the magazine, but I'll guess the blue and yellow block (top row, second from left) could be yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love it when you share your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

I respond to comments and questions via e-mail. If your profile is not linked to your e-mail then check back here for a reply.